Hi all,

actually we can add to zone configuration an object called "dedicated-cpu" with
properties "ncpus" and "importance".
This object create a dedicated cpu Pool when zone starts and puts from 1 to
"ncups" cpus in this pool, property "importance" is usefull when system has to
decide to wich dedicated pool assign a cpu (in case of two or more zone with
dedicated-cpu).
So, is the system that has to decide wich cpu put in wich pool.
But I know that I can compromise performance if I put threads that comes from
different core in different pool, so I (administrator) keep all threads of one
core togheter in same pool.
For example, with Niagara2+ processor:
pool1-->pset1 (cpu 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)  (eight threads of first core)
pool2-->pset2 (cpu 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23) (16 threads,
second and third cores)

But system is unaware of core and threads so it may put cpu 3,4,5 (three
threads of first core) in one dedicated pool, and cpu 6,7,8,9 (2 threads from
core 1 and core 3) in another dedicated pool.

Also by creating Dynamic Pool (pset.min < pset.max) and setting "Objective"
property we can delegate to sustem cpu movement from one pool to another pool.
Again in cluster 3.2 we can let system create a dedicated pool for our Resource
Group, anda again system is responsable to decide wich cpu put in wich pool.

[b]Question is:
It's possible to say to the system to keep threads of single core togheter when
it moves cpu from one pool to another ?
If is not, does anyone thinks this maybe a usefull features?
[/b]
Best Regads