ZFS with zones LU upgrade 8 successful After much irritation I decided to lucreate a new BE one more time. I then 'zfs mounted' it and removed the unwanted lines in /etc/vfstab created by the LU upgrade 8 packages. I also changed the zonepath in the /etc/zones/*xml files to something new as well as in the /etc/zones/index file! All this in the NEW ABE! After these changes I ran luupgrade and this time I got no errors! None whatsoever. All went very smoothly. The luactivate did OK too. Before I rebooted into the new ABE I changed back the /etc/zones/*.xml and /etc/zones/index. Not because it is needed, but just because I like the old zonepath. ;-) After a reboot I'm now on an updated S10u8 environment and my zones are running perfectly. I can say this workaround, although not nice, works. I do hope however that the LiveUpgrade packages will be patched to work with ZFS zoneroots and zones in a normal way.
-- Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D + http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS 10u8 10/09 | OpenSolaris 2010.02 b123 + All that's really worth doing is what we do for others (Lewis Carrol) _______________________________________________ zones-discuss mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org