I already set up successfully DHCP server and TFTP server in non-global zone. Yes, you have to have extra Ethernet card and set exclusive IP address for this zone.

It's almost working... :)
Macro is created fine (it's pointing to global zone)
Client receives this macro and download microroot
But after mounting the microroot, client tries to download image via nfs and I'm not sure if he accepted the image path from macro. Because it hangs there and client can't to connect.
I'll snoop the traffic and see what's going on.

Bernd Schemmer wrote:
>>So I just need DHCP server and TFTP server run in non-global zone and share images in global zone via NFS, right? >>I can create/edit client macro and point it to download image from global zone.

Yes, I'm not sure if the DHCP Server and TFTP server can work with the shared IP stack -- in my environment I created one zone with a exlusive NIC for the DHCP and TFTP server. I use a virtual NIC for this.

regards

Bernd

Jan Hlodan wrote:
So I just need DHCP server and TFTP server run in non-global zone and share images in global zone via NFS, right? I can create/edit client macro and point it to download image from global zone.

Bernd Schemmer wrote:
Hi,

>>But if I share images in global zone where NFS server can run?

That will work , everything else needed for jumpstart can run in an non-global zone.

regards

Bernd
Jan Hlodan wrote:
Yes, sure. There is the bug with NFS and non-global zone.
But if I share images in global zone where NFS server can run?

Dr Hung-Sheng Tsao wrote:
Afaik
Client need nfs mount the js image
So it is not possible