I'm not sure what the problem is here. I have created a vnic over an existing
physical nic as follows:

dladm create-vnic -l e1000g0 e1000g1

I then use e1000g1 (the VNIC) as the interface for an exclusive-IP zone.

Problem 1: upon rebooting the host e1000g1 is only "half there" in that it
doesn't show up in dladm show-vnic output but if I try dladm create-vnic -l
e1000g0 e1000g1 it complains that there is already an e1000g1. Deleting and
re-adding the VNIC and everything works fine.

Problem 2 (the real problem): after creating the VNIC I can no longer reach my
default router. I'm guessing this is due to a routing mis-configuration, but it
could just as easily be something else given the strangeness above.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm running OpenSolaris build 126 x64.