I built an Opensolaris media server and backup machine for my local network.

At some point I would like to add ampache to my setup. If you are not familiar,
it is a media server that will stream audio/video to client devices over the
internet.

Obviously this requires that this application be exposed to the big bad world.
So I would like to isolate this program as much as possible. I'm hoping to
leverage other's experience and knowledge to figure out which would be the best
way/approach to do this, so I'm not spinning my wheels down the wrong path.