On 01/21/10 17:03, Thomas Burgess wrote:
I'm pretty new to opensolaris. I come from FreeBSD. Naturally, after using FreeBSD forr awhile i've been big on the use of FreeBSD jails so i just had to try zones. I've figured out how to get zones running but now i'm stuck and need help. Is there anything like "nullfs" in opensolaris...

or maybe there is a more "solaris" way of doing what i need to do.

Basically, what i'd like to do is give a specific zone access to 2 zfs filesystems which are available to the global zone.
my new zones are in:

/export/home/zone1
/export/home/zone2

What i'd like to do is give them access to:

/tank/nas/Video
/tank/nas/JeffB

# zonecfg -z zone1
add dataset
set name=tank/nas/Video
end
add dataset
set name=tank/nas/JeffB
end
exit

# zoneadm -z zone1 reboot

Thanks,
Zoram

i'm sure i looked over something hugely easy and important...thanks.