Since no one in the opensolaris community seems to be willing to help
troubleshoot this issue, I guess I'm just going to have to try to brute force
this by trying every possible combination of "zoneadm -z testzone install" with
different flags and options pointing to the package that I know exists out
there in the repository. Hopefully one of them will work....

Hmmmm, maybe I can try to write a script that brute forces all the different
options listed in the zoneadm install part of the IPS man page and let it run
over night and see what happens?