Ok, I just tried this combination of flags with no luck:

r...@solarisunix:~# zoneadm -z testzone6 install -d
http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/manifest/0/entire%400.5.11%2C5.11-0.129%3A20091205T134302Z
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
you must specify -u (sys-unconfig) or -p (preserve identity).
brand-specific usage:
        install {-a archive|-d path} {-p|-u} [-s|-v]
r...@solarisunix:~#

I know there's a manifest or something at:

http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/manifest/0/entire%400.5.11%2C5.11-0.129%3A20091205T134302Z

but how do I get it to use that to install the zone? Red Hat linux with the
"rpm -ivh" command to install rpm files that I build or download myself from
somewhere seemed pretty intuitive to me compared to this confusing IPS
respotitory FMRI stuff.