CarlsonJ, I'm afraid that the unfortunate subject line of these e-mails has
deceived you and others as to what the real problem here is. No one here is
really trying to install an snv_version in a non-global zone that is different
from the snv_version in the global zone (anyone who has more than 5 minutes of
familiarity with zones knows that that obviously would not work). The real
problem we are facing is this:

PROBLEM:

ZONES CANNOT BE INSTALLED anymore in OpenSolaris Indiana snv_129. They were
working fine a while ago, but then something changed in the /dev repository
when snv_130 came out and they stopped working! Updating past snv_129 is not an
option because that will panic the system.... so we need to find a way to
install snv_129 on a server and then install normal snv_129 build ipkg zones on
that snv_129 server.

Steps to duplicate the problem:

Step 1: Install OpenSolaris Indiana snv_129 (either in VirtualBox or on real
hardware)

Step 2: Attempt to deploy a zone.

Step 3: The zone installation fails with this message:

r...@solarisunix:~# zoneadm -z testzone3 install
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
Publisher: Using opensolaris.org (http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/ ).
Image: Preparing at /export/zones/testzone3/root.
Cache: Using /var/pkg/download.
Sanity Check: Looking for 'entire' incorporation.
ERROR: Unable to locate the incorporation
'ent...@0.5.11,5.11-0.129:20091205T134302Z' in the preferred publisher
'opensolaris.org'.
Use -P to supply a publisher which contains this package.
r...@solarisunix:~#