NOTE: In my opinion, Indiana snv_129 is an exceptionally outstanding release
and is pretty much the best OpenSolaris build released so far except for this
one minor glitch with zone creation that didn't start to happen until snv_130
and snv_131 came out in the /dev repository.

PROBLEM:

ZONES CANNOT BE INSTALLED anymore in OpenSolaris Indiana snv_129. They were
working fine a while ago, but then something changed in the /dev repository
when snv_130 came out and they stopped working! Updating past snv_129 is not an
option because that will panic the system.... so we need to find a way to
install OpenSolaris Indiana snv_129 on a server and then install normal ipkg
zones on that snv_129 server.

STEPS TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM:

Step 1: Install OpenSolaris Indiana snv_129 (either in VirtualBox or on real
hardware)

Step 2: Attempt to deploy a zone.

Step 3: The zone installation fails with this message:

r...@solarisunix:~# zoneadm -z testzone3 install
A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
Publisher: Using opensolaris.org (http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/ ).
Image: Preparing at /export/zones/testzone3/root.
Cache: Using /var/pkg/download.
Sanity Check: Looking for 'entire' incorporation.
ERROR: Unable to locate the incorporation
'ent...@0.5.11,5.11-0.129:20091205T134302Z' in the preferred publisher
'opensolaris.org'.
Use -P to supply a publisher which contains this package.
r...@solarisunix:~#

for a more detailed history see this link:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=120701&tstart=0

NOTE: I'm re-posting this with a different subject line so that people won't
get confused and think that we are trying to install a different snv build in
the non-global zone. Both the global zone and the non-global zone are snv_129
as they should be. The problem is something that's going on with the /dev
repository.