Hi, I'm sorry to bug the OpenSolaris for a question that pertains to
S10U8, but I am really stuck.

I am doing a zoneadm clone -m copy, and I do not want a new ZFS
dataset even though my zonepath is on a ZFS filesystem, for
performance reasons particular to how I am using my zones.
Unfortunately, zoneadm clone just ignores the "-m copy", and makes me
a new ZFS filesystem anyway; and by the speed with which it finished,
it certainly is a snapshot operation underneath.

I have tested with making the source zone on a separate UFS, have
pre-made a dirname under my ZFS filesystem as the zonepath, nothing
works.  I always get a new ZFS filesystem.  I see that zoneadm install
has an -x nodataset switch, I need this for zone clone as well.  I
have not seen this filed as a bug against S10, is there a work-around
to get the behavior I want?

This is sort of a big deal for our application.  We use labeled zones,
a file move within a filesystem has a different performance profile
than a move from one filesystem to another filesystem, even within one
ZFS pool.  We are doing tens of thousands of move per minute.