On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Dombrowski, Neil
<neil.dombrow...@hp.com> wrote:

> For an example, let's say zone1 has a default route using gateway 172.16.1.1
> and zone2 has a default router using gateway 192.168.0.1. If I am logged into
> the global zone, and it needs to send a packet to 10.10.10.10, will it use
> one of the non-global-zone's default route?

It will round-robin between the two gateways IF it has interfaces
local to that network.  That is, you need something like this: assume
24-bit mask, e1000g0 172.16.1.10 and e1000g1 192.168.0.10 (the 10 is
just an example.)

If you only have one interface local to one gateway, it will use that
gateway.  What I'm guessing is that you have your zones plumbed on a
virtual interface, but nothing plumbed on the actual interface, from
the global zone's perspective.  In your ifconfig -a output, when
you've removed all the entries for zones, do you actually have an
interface that can reach a router?

CT
  • [zones-discus... Dombrowski, Neil
    • Re: [zon... sowmini . varadhan
      • Re: ... Dombrowski, Neil
        • ... Christine Tran
          • ... Steffen Weiberle
            • ... Dombrowski, Neil
              • ... James Carlson
                • ... Steffen Weiberle
        • ... Enda O'Connor
          • ... Dombrowski, Neil
            • ... Enda o'Connor - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Software Engineer
          • ... Ellard Roush