> IKOAC (I know of a customer) that would like to write an
> agent that runs in the global zone and detects state changes
> in the non-global zones on the system.
>
> Anyone listening been down this road???

Can you define "state" change ?

I am guessing you mean a change in some foo of type zone_cluster_state_t
where :

typedef enum {
    ZC_STATE_UNKNOWN = 0,
    ZC_STATE_CONFIGURED,
    ZC_STATE_INCOMPLETE,
    ZC_STATE_INSTALLED,
    ZC_STATE_DOWN,
    ZC_STATE_MOUNTED,
    ZC_STATE_READY,
    ZC_STATE_SHUTTING_DOWN,
    ZC_STATE_RUNNING
} zone_cluster_state_t;

If so then I wrote a small script but it is just a script and it uses
zoneadm to pull out the state of all zones on the server and report them
in a table with hostnames and other info. Not sure if this is what you
mean. You may be thinking of an SNMP agent or something like that. Not
sure.

Dennis