On 03/ 9/10 03:53 PM, Edward Pilatowicz wrote:
On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:12:21PM +0000, John Levon wrote:

Please can I get people to take a look at:

This looks reasonable to me.  Thank you very much for tackling it.  As a
sanity check, this probably would stay (modulo changing the messaging)
even once upgrade-on-attach works for systems without entire, right?  It
seems like it would be a useful developer convenience?

BTW Ed was asking why the full refresh was needed - anyone?

that's not entirely true.  ;)

the full refresh is needed because we may not have the latest
catalogs for all the configured publishers.

what i tried to ask was: why don't the other set-publisher
operations use the --no-refresh option.  afaik, by default a
set-publisher operation will cause us to refresh the cached publisher
data, which we're going to cache anyway when we do the refresh

Prior to integration, we couldn't require a recent enough version of pkg to count on this behaviour. I think we do now, and this sounds like it'd speed things up a little.