Hi all,

As I may have said before, I'm creating a lot of zones which basically contain
the same thing.  I'm using a sysidcfg file to configure them.

This is how I create the first "template zone":
zonecfg -z template -f /tmp/master-template
zoneadm -z template install

The master-template looks like this (I replace things like <THIS> using a
script):
create -b
set zonepath=/export/vaes-zones/<NAME>
set brand=ipkg
set autoboot=true
set ip-type=exclusive
add net
set physical=<NIC>
end
verify
commit
exit

Then I go to clone the template zone, to do this I do:
zonecfg -z $NAME -f /tmp/zone-template
zoneadm -z $NAME clone template
zoneadm -z $NAME ready
cp /tmp/zone-sysidcfg /export/vaes-zones/$NAME/root/etc/sysidcfg
zoneadm -z $NAME boot

The sysidcfg template looks like this:
system_locale=en_UK
terminal=xterm
network_interface=primary {
        hostname=<NAME>
        ip_address=<IP-ADDRESS>
        netmask=255.255.255.0
        protocol_ipv6=no}
root_password=<PASS>
timezone=GB
security_policy=none
nfs4_domain=dynamic
name_service=NIS
{domain_name=<DOMAINNAME> name_server=<MASTER-NAME>(<MASTER-ADDRESS>)}

And a working copy looks something like this (the salted password is "root",
before anyone says anything about me putting in my passwords):
system_locale=en_UK
terminal=xterm
network_interface=primary {
        hostname=openoffice
        ip_address=10.0.0.2
        netmask=255.255.255.0
        protocol_ipv6=no}
root_password=$5$sP8Bd4ui$vnHYX46O0XL2ReQ4wTKM1PwVslBaSKVdy2/GKydvyoD
timezone=GB
security_policy=none
nfs4_domain=dynamic
name_service=NIS
{domain_name=vaes-domain name_server=Dissertation(10.0.0.1)}

Can anyone shed some light on why it might not be working?

Many thanks,
Ben