Hi Folks,

I would like to source opinions of the forum on whether its better to share a
zfs storage pool for all zones on a machine or create one zpool per zone? The
premise is that this zpool (zonepool) would be sitting on san storage.

I posed that a consolidated pool (zonepool) with each zone zfs sitting under
that was good for ease of management and efficiency of resource. ie:
zonepool/zone1
zonepool/zone2
zonepool/zone3

However a colleague suggests keeping separate zpools, one for each zone is
better for reasons of portability (ie being able to detach a zone and then
export the zonepool and move the san storage to another like machine if
resource becomes constrained). ie:
zonepool1/zone1
zonepool2/zone2
zonepool3/zone3