On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 07:42:23AM -0700, Ben wrote:
> > A kernel panic is a kernel panic is a kernel panic. :-)
> >
> > So if an app crashes the complete zone, chances are it will crash the
> > entire box.  After all, it's only one Solaris kernel running.
>
> Out of curiosity then, how much I induce a kernel panic?  Now I've
> gotten this far into my investigation, I need to prove, or dis-prove
> that zones will all more stability.  If I can induce a kernel panic I
> can say that my initial thought was incorrect.

Whenever a user-land program running in a non-gz zone can cause a kernel
panic we consider that a high priority security bug.

(An unprivileged user-land programm running in the g-z should also not
be able to cause a kernel panic.  But a privileged one could always load
a kernel module that will call panic(), or use the DTrace destructive
action panic().)

Nico