Hi Joe,

As a general rule, its a bad idea to export disk devices to a zone. There is no
efficiency gained by doing so. These are not virtual machines, there is only
one kernel running. Just create a filesystem (zpool create ...) and share the
dataset with the zone. The zone will have full control of the dataset and any
child datasets it creates.

Now that thats out of the way... I don't think you can add devices like that to
an existing zone, install a new zone with that config and the devices will be
created at install time. You might be able to mknod the devices in the zones
"dev" folder, but make sure you understand what you are doing, and heed my
above statement :)

Tommy McNeely | Programmer Analyst-IT | +1.303.395.3361
Oracle Global IT - Service Design
500 Eldorado Blvd, Broomfield, CO 80021