If this is  Solaris 10 8/07, you may be running into bug:

6608977 - Can't add device to non-global zone in S10 update 4 (Solaris 10 8/07)

You can tell what version of Solaris you are running from the contents of

The patches for this bug are:

125914-01 (x86/x64)
127111-03 (SPARC)

or upgrade to Solaris 10 5/08+

Ashit wrote:
Are there entries in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk  for the powerdevices in the global and
non-global zones? Does format in the global zone display them?  Also check the output
of zonecfg  -z <yourzone> info to make sure you really added the devices
Does the EMC inq command tell you they are there?

[ASHIT] Yes there are entries for these power devices in the Globla in
But there are no entries in the /dev/[r]dsk in the non-global zone.
Format command in the global zone displays that but format command in
non-global zone doesn't display that.
I checked the 'zonecfg -z <zone> inof' command and the entries are there.

[ASHIT] So you say that exporting raw devices to non-global zone may not be
good practice?
Also, did you mean that once a zone is configured, it's not possible to export
devices to non-global zone? I tried to add device handles and even zfs volume
as device to an existent non-global zone and it works.

I am still struggling to get the things done. My aim is to use emc power device in non-global zone to create filesystems..