Hello

Any thoughts on that one issue ?

Regards

Gael

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2010, at 5:04, "Enda o'Connor - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Software Engineer" <enda.ocon...@oracle.com> wrote:

Hi
Could I see the zonecfg ( ie zonecfg -z apsz8003 export )
also if this zone is on zfs or is using zfs datasets then zfs list as well.

Enda

Gael wrote:
Hello,
Before opening yet another never ending case, I wanted to consult with you all to see if that is a known issue and some eventual work around. I have been migrating our servers to Solaris 10 U8 with zfs boot. The latest version was using 142900-10 for kernel. Following the release of 142900-11, I decided to experiment a patching using live upgrade. I have been using that a lot in the last few months. But it was the first attempt on a machine with zones. As my zones are on some hitachi san luns managed by veritas (with ufs...), I simply did shutdown the test zones and detached them. Then I ran the usual commands: lucreate -n s10u8-20100515, the ABE was created without issue. Then I lumounted it, and applied patches to it using pca (pca -i -R /.alt.s10u8-20100515), then luumounted it, activated it and rebooted on it. As usual, it did come back with the newest version of the patches as expected. I have done that process quite a bit recently and I do admit it usually works fine on GZ only machines. But here comes troubles... when reattaching the zones (both without and with -u option), I'm getting that error vsmd8008:/zones/ apsz8003 #zoneadm -z apsz8003 attach -u
zoneadm: getting the detach information failed: Out of memory
zoneadm: zone 'apsz8003': 'detach' failed with exit code 1.
Cannot generate the information needed to attach this zone.
vsmd8008:/zones/apsz8003 #zoneadm -z apsz8003 attach zoneadm: getting the detach information failed: Out of memory
zoneadm: zone 'apsz8003': 'detach' failed with exit code 1.
Cannot generate the information needed to attach this zone.
vsmd8008:/zones/apsz8003 #ls -ltr
total 4870
drwx------   2 root     root        8192 May 14 10:32 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 May 14 23:54 lu
drwxr-xr-x  20 root     root         512 May 15 00:26 root
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2472353 May 15 19:25 SUNWdetached.xml
drwxr-xr-x  12 root     root        1024 May 15 20:25 dev
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           0 May 15 20:25 SUNWupdate.xml
The funny thing is that the same zoneadm attach -u process worked when i was at 142900-10 (and previous versions). That is how I have migrated the machine zones from U4 to U8. (a very long script and an interesting collection of pkgrm/pkgadd/ patchadd to make the old u4 zone look nearly identical to a freshly build zone on u8)
Regards
Gael
--
Gael Martinez
--- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
zones-discuss mailing list
zones-discuss@opensolaris.org

_______________________________________________
zones-discuss mailing list
zones-discuss@opensolaris.org

Reply via email to