Try zfs-discuss.

Ketan wrote:
We are having a server running zfs root with 64G RAM and the system has 3 zones running oracle fusion app and zfs cache is using 40G memory as per kstat zfs:0:arcstats:size. and system shows only 5G of memory is free rest is taken by kernel and 2 remaining zones.
Now my problem is that fusion guys are getting not enough memory message while
starting their application due to top and vmstat shows 5G as free memory. But i
read ZFS cache releases memory as required by the application so why fusion
application is not starting up. Is there some we can do to decrease the ARC
Cache usage on the fly without rebooting the global zone ?