I apologize in advance those of you that are way past the basics of zones, but this information will hopefully be
a useful tool to help your friends and colleagues to more quickly realize the power of Solaris, OpenSolaris and
I am putting together a Zone Manager University (a.k.a. ZMU) blog post campaign to educate the masses on
Solaris/OpenSolaris zones and how to create and manage zones via the Zone Manager. I just posted the first
in the series titled ZMU 101: How To Add And Delete A Zone. Don't let the title of this first post fool you. There
are over 25 examples in this post that show you how to do things like...
* Add 20 non-global zones in parallel without specifying any of the zone names
* Add or delete multiple non-global zones in a single invocation
* Add one or more non-global zones with customized root accounts per zone
* Delete multiple non-global zones with globbed (e.g. using * as part of the name) zone names
* Delete all non-global zones with a single invocation
There will be several in this ZMU series. I hope that you find the information in the series useful and that you
will share with your colleagues.
Have a great day and an even better weekend!
_______________________________________________ zones-discuss mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org