You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/6/29 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>
> > Gaurav,
> >
> > I once did set up OpenSolaris 2009.06 with OHAC in VirtualBox, and as far
> > as I
> > remember, even after the install of the OHAC, I still had a graphical GUI.
> > The
> > system, on which I did set it up, only had 2GB of RAM, so it was real slow,
> > but at least it did work... But, I didn't do anything more with it (so, no
> > zones, no applications, no nothing...)
> >
> > More below... ;-)
> >

> Ok . How did you install OHAC if I ask ? I did it by using packages
> available at sun's site
> I first installed key and certificate and then installed ha-cluster-full by
> using command
> "/usr/bin/pkg install ha-cluster-full"

That's, what I did also!

> Is there any other way of installing OHAC ?

Not that I know of...

> > There are two such files, right?
> >
> >      -bash-3.2$ ls /var/log/Xorg.0*
> >      /var/log/Xorg.0.log  /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
> >      -bash-3.2$
> >
> > What are the end couple of lines of the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file? And,
> > what's
> > the date of the file, aka:
> >
> >    ls -al /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> >

> Yes there are the same two files
>
> end couple of lines are
>
> > (EE) Bell: cannot open audio device "dev/audio" : No such file or directory
> >
> Its about the sound card which I had not enabled but its like that from the
> starting.

That's an error... But it's the same on my machine, and I have a graphical
login... So, that's not the problem...

What does

     ps -ef|grep X

give on your system?

-bash-3.2$ ps -ef|grep X
    root   850   849   0   Jun 07 vt/2       25:13 /usr/X11/bin/Xorg :0
    -nolisten tcp -audit 0 -br -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth
  pfuetz 27975 27877   0 16:49:08 pts/1       0:00 grep X
-bash-3.2$

> date of file is
>

> > # ls -al /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> >
>  -rw-r--r--  1 root     root   16060 Jun 23 12:45 /var/log/Xorg.0.log

That's a bit strange, as today is the 29th... Didn't you reboot the machine in
the last 6 days?

What does a:

     svcadm restart gdm

do? Is there then a GUI to log in? Does the date of the file get updated? Are
there new final lines in that file? Do you see the Xorg program running?

> > It is:
> >
> >   /usr/X11/bin/xhost
> >
> >   Matthias
> >

> Its now giving another error
>
> /usr/X11/bin/xhost: unable to open display ""

That is to be expected... Because, if you log onto the console, there is no
DISPLAY, that is associated with that console-text-login. You need to run the
xhost + command on the "guest OS", aka the machine, where you have started
virtualbox, and then you would need to set the DISPLAY variable to the
hostname + :0.0 of the machine, you're running the virtualbox on... And that
would require, that you could reach the outside machine from within the guests
inside VirtualBox...

So, I assume, it's better to try to reach the nodes running in VirtualBox via
ssh...

        Matthias
--
    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | And no matter what hard-