Hello

2010/6/29 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>

> That's, what I did also!
>
> > Is there any other way of installing OHAC ?
>
> Not that I know of...

Ok. Actually my senior had told me that OHAC could be installed on
Opensolaris2009.06 using SolarisExpressClusterEdition But its not available
now for opensolaris I think.

> That's an error... But it's the same on my machine, and I have a graphical
> login... So, that's not the problem...
>
> Ok.

> What does
>
>     ps -ef|grep X
>
> give on your system?

output on my system

# ps -ef | grep X

root 6618 6617 1 20:20:15 ?      0:01 /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java -Xms4M
> -Xmx128M -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -D

root 6621 4806 0 20:20:27 console    0:00 grep X

> -bash-3.2$ ps -ef|grep X
>    root   850   849   0   Jun 07 vt/2       25:13 /usr/X11/bin/Xorg :0
>    -nolisten tcp -audit 0 -br -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth
>  pfuetz 27975 27877   0 16:49:08 pts/1       0:00 grep X
> -bash-3.2$

somewhat different.

> That's a bit strange, as today is the 29th... Didn't you reboot the machine
> in
> the last 6 days?

Yes I did not reboot the machine I did not need it so I did not .
Does it can cause problem ?

> What does a:
>
>     svcadm restart gdm
>
> do? Is there then a GUI to log in? Does the date of the file get updated?
> Are
> there new final lines in that file? Do you see the Xorg program running?

It waits for sometime but there is no GUI still :(.
No the date is still the same.
The file is still the same.
No the Xorg program is not running.

> That is to be expected... Because, if you log onto the console, there is no
> DISPLAY, that is associated with that console-text-login. You need to run
> the
> xhost + command on the "guest OS", aka the machine, where you have started
> virtualbox, and then you would need to set the DISPLAY variable to the
> hostname + :0.0 of the machine,

Ok. I have to run xhost + on my host machine ? my host machine is the system
where I have started virtual box. I am running opensolaris in virtualbox as
I told you.

> you're running the virtualbox on... And that
> would require, that you could reach the outside machine from within the
> guests
> inside VirtualBox...

Yes I can reach host through guest inside virtualbox. I am using NAT setting
of virtualbox.

> So, I assume, it's better to try to reach the nodes running in VirtualBox
> via
> ssh...

Yes that could be better.

--