You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/6/29 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>

> > That's, what I did also!
> >
> > > Is there any other way of installing OHAC ?
> >
> > Not that I know of...
> >

> Ok. Actually my senior had told me that OHAC could be installed on
> Opensolaris2009.06 using SolarisExpressClusterEdition But its not available
> now for opensolaris I think.

I'm not quite sure, but I think, I remember, that SolarisExpressClusterEdition
was the version for Soalris before OpenSolaris 2009.06... (aka: OpenSolaris
2008.11)

> > That's an error... But it's the same on my machine, and I have a graphical
> > login... So, that's not the problem...
> >
> > Ok.
>

> > What does
> >
> >     ps -ef|grep X
> >
> > give on your system?
> >

> output on my system
>
> # ps -ef | grep X
> >
> root 6618 6617 1 20:20:15 ?      0:01 /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java -Xms4M
> > -Xmx128M -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -D
> >
> root 6621 4806 0 20:20:27 console    0:00 grep X
> >

> > -bash-3.2$ ps -ef|grep X
> >    root   850   849   0   Jun 07 vt/2       25:13 /usr/X11/bin/Xorg :0
> >    -nolisten tcp -audit 0 -br -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth
> >  pfuetz 27975 27877   0 16:49:08 pts/1       0:00 grep X
> > -bash-3.2$
> >

> somewhat different.

Yes! Strange!

> > That's a bit strange, as today is the 29th... Didn't you reboot the machine
> > in
> > the last 6 days?
> >

> Yes I did not reboot the machine I did not need it so I did not .
> Does it can cause problem ?

No!

> > What does a:
> >
> >     svcadm restart gdm
> >
> > do? Is there then a GUI to log in? Does the date of the file get updated?
> > Are
> > there new final lines in that file? Do you see the Xorg program running?
> >

> It waits for sometime but there is no GUI still :(.
> No the date is still the same.

That's very strange! It should be re-written completely anew, once you do the
svcadm restart gdm thing! So, either you're file-system is full, or something
completely different is not working correctly!

> The file is still the same.

That's very strange!

> No the Xorg program is not running.

OK, now we need to check the file /var/adm/messages

Can you see any messages in there about the problem?

> > That is to be expected... Because, if you log onto the console, there is no
> > DISPLAY, that is associated with that console-text-login. You need to run
> > the
> > xhost + command on the "guest OS", aka the machine, where you have started
> > virtualbox, and then you would need to set the DISPLAY variable to the
> > hostname + :0.0 of the machine,
>

> Ok. I have to run xhost + on my host machine ? my host machine is the system
> where I have started virtual box. I am running opensolaris in virtualbox as
> I told you.

xhost + instructs the running xserver to allow access from everywhere. So, the
question here is: Which xserver? As you don't have a xserver running in any of
the guests in VB, you simply can not instruct those to allow access. So, the
only xserver currently running seems to be the one on your hosting
machine. Still, I doubt, that you would want that to open up...

So, I would try to a.) fix the startup of the xservers in the guests. And b.)
access the guests via ssh from your host in the meantime...

> > you're running the virtualbox on... And that
> > would require, that you could reach the outside machine from within the
> > guests
> > inside VirtualBox...
> >

> Yes I can reach host through guest inside virtualbox. I am using NAT setting
> of virtualbox.

Perfect!

> > So, I assume, it's better to try to reach the nodes running in VirtualBox
> > via
> > ssh...
> >

> Yes that could be better.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!