You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/6/29 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>
> > I'm not quite sure, but I think, I remember, that
> > SolarisExpressClusterEdition
> > was the version for Soalris before OpenSolaris 2009.06... (aka: OpenSolaris
> > 2008.11)
> >

> Ok. Do I try doing that ?
> I think that method is much simple and easy for a beginner.

No! You would need to take much more care during installation, and as there
are many more steps, there are many more reasons for errors... And, it's way
older, therefore, I would not recommend doing it!

> > output on my system
> >
> > # ps -ef | grep X
> > >
> > root 6618 6617 1 20:20:15 ?      0:01 /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java -Xms4M
> > > -Xmx128M -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -D
> > >
> > root 6621 4806 0 20:20:27 console    0:00 grep X
> > >

> > > -bash-3.2$ ps -ef|grep X
> > >    root   850   849   0   Jun 07 vt/2       25:13 /usr/X11/bin/Xorg :0
> > >    -nolisten tcp -audit 0 -br -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth
> > >  pfuetz 27975 27877   0 16:49:08 pts/1       0:00 grep X
> > > -bash-3.2$
> > >

> > somewhat different.
>
> Yes! Strange!
> >
> > Don't know why this java thing is coming I haven't installed anything like
> that.

That Java could be the update manager. I did not enbale it on my system,
therefore it doesn't show...

> > machine
> > > >

> > > Yes I did not reboot the machine I did not need it so I did not .
> > > Does it can cause problem ?
> >
> > No!
> >

> Ok.

> > updated?
> > running?
> > > >

> > > It waits for sometime but there is no GUI still :(.
> > > No the date is still the same.
> >
> > That's very strange! It should be re-written completely anew, once you do
> > the
> > svcadm restart gdm thing! So, either you're file-system is full, or
> > something
> > completely different is not working correctly!
> >

> file-system has empty space available. I have created a virtual harddisk of
> 16 gb and solaris is completely allotted that disk. So I dont think there is
> problem with filesystem.

OK!

> > > The file is still the same.
> >
> > That's very strange!
> >
> > Ok. Can't find why:(.

So, ok, what's in /var/adm/messages?

> > > No the Xorg program is not running.
> >
> > OK, now we need to check the file /var/adm/messages
> >
> > Can you see any messages in there about the problem?
> >

> > xhost + instructs the running xserver to allow access from everywhere. So,
> > the
> > question here is: Which xserver? As you don't have a xserver running in any
> > of
> > the guests in VB, you simply can not instruct those to allow access. So,
> > the
> > only xserver currently running seems to be the one on your hosting
> > machine. Still, I doubt, that you would want that to open up...
> >
> > So, I would try to a.) fix the startup of the xservers in the guests. And
> > b.)
> > access the guests via ssh from your host in the meantime...
> >
> > Ok. I try doing that only.

> > > Yes I can reach host through guest inside virtualbox. I am using NAT
> > setting
> > > of virtualbox.
> >
> > Perfect!
> >

> Ok.

> > VirtualBox
> > > >

> > > Yes that could be better.
> >
> > I'll keep my fingers crossed!
> >
> >      Matthias
> > --
> >    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Wenn das Publikum keine
> >  @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | Fragen mehr stellen
> > kann,
> >  SunCS, Amp?restraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | muß der Film zwangsläufig
> >    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  | langweilig werden.
> > Fellini
> >

> Thank you very much for your help and support. :)

You're welcome!

> --
> Thanks and Regards ,
> Gaurav Saxena

  Matthias
--
    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Wenn das Publikum keine
 @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | Fragen mehr stellen kann,
  SunCS, Ampèrestraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | muß der Film zwangsläufig
    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  | langweilig werden. Fellini