Hello

2010/7/1 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>

> You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> > Ok. But what I really want to do is something which can be done using
> > single node cluster only.So I can just now do that with single node
> cluster
> > and then try two-node cluster.
>
> That's OK!
>
> Ok.

> > Ok. I will try doing something else for it. Also one more thing I will
> tell
> > you is that I have not created a separate "/globaldevices" as it was
> written
> > in the manual.
> > so scinstall asked me to use lofi device (I don't know what it means) and
> > accepted that option. Could it be a problem ?
>
> No, that's OK!

Ok.
I could not get any option regarding creating slices in opensolaris
installation as I got in solaris10 console setup. And I dont think that I
can commit any changes to c7d0 (like creating new slices) on which rpool
depends.

> > Ok. Could you suggest me how do I do that ? Or I will be consult manual
> > again
> > zpool create -m mountpoint pool mirror /dev/rdsk/cNtXdY \
> > /dev/rdsk/cNtXdZ
>
> You don't need a mirror for your testing purposes!
>
> > this is the command given in the manual could you suggest me what shoud I
> > give in place of cNtXdY
> > and I have virtual hard disk named c7d0
>
> You would need to ADD a second disk to your VBox setup, as I assume, that
> the
> c7d0 is already used by the rpool.
>
> In case. the c7d0 is NOT used in the rpool, you command would be:
>
> zpool create -m <yourmountpointname> <yourpoolname> /dev/rdsk/c7d0

Ok thanks once again. :)

   Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Solange ich nicht dabei-
>  @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | sein muß, können sie
> sogar
>  SunCS, Ampčrestraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | auf mich einschlagen.
>    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  | Heiner Geißler

:)

--
Thanks and Regards ,
Gaurav Saxena