You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/7/1 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>
> > You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> > > Ok. But what I really want to do is something which can be done using
> > > single node cluster only.So I can just now do that with single node
> > cluster
> > > and then try two-node cluster.
> >
> > That's OK!
> >
> > Ok.
>

> > > Ok. I will try doing something else for it. Also one more thing I will
> > tell
> > > you is that I have not created a separate "/globaldevices" as it was
> > written
> > > in the manual.
> > > so scinstall asked me to use lofi device (I don't know what it means) and
> > > accepted that option. Could it be a problem ?
> >
> > No, that's OK!
> >
> Ok.
> I could not get any option regarding creating slices in opensolaris
> installation as I got in solaris10 console setup. And I dont think that I
> can commit any changes to c7d0 (like creating new slices) on which rpool
> depends.

That's due to the fact, that OpenSolaris uses ZFS as default, whereas in
Solaris 10 you had the option to use UFS or ZFS (although ZFS in some versions
of Solaris 10 was only available as an installation option, when you did a
text-only install)...

So, yes, that's right. You would then need to add a new virtual disk to the
VBox config, and OpenSolaris then will find that disk, and then you could use
it as a new pool.

> > > Ok. Could you suggest me how do I do that ? Or I will be consult manual
> > > again
> > > zpool create -m mountpoint pool mirror /dev/rdsk/cNtXdY \
> > > /dev/rdsk/cNtXdZ
> >
> > You don't need a mirror for your testing purposes!
> >
> > > this is the command given in the manual could you suggest me what shoud I
> > > give in place of cNtXdY
> > > and I have virtual hard disk named c7d0
> >
> > You would need to ADD a second disk to your VBox setup, as I assume, that
> > the
> > c7d0 is already used by the rpool.
> >
> > In case. the c7d0 is NOT used in the rpool, you command would be:
> >
> > zpool create -m <yourmountpointname> <yourpoolname> /dev/rdsk/c7d0
> >

> Ok thanks once again. :)

> > > Thank you very much for your help. :)
> >
> > Again, you're welcome!
> >
> >       Matthias
> >  --
> >
>    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Solange ich nicht dabei-
> >  @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | sein muß, können sie
> > sogar
> >  SunCS, Amp?restraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | auf mich einschlagen.
> >    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  | Heiner Geißler
> >

> :)
>

> --
> Thanks and Regards ,
> Gaurav Saxena

  Matthias
--
    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Solange ich nicht dabei-
 @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | sein muß, können sie sogar
  SunCS, Ampèrestraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | auf mich einschlagen.
    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  | Heiner Geißler