You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/7/1 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>
> > > I could not get any option regarding creating slices in opensolaris
> > > installation as I got in solaris10 console setup. And I dont think that I
> > > can commit any changes to c7d0 (like creating new slices) on which rpool
> > > depends.
> >
> > That's due to the fact, that OpenSolaris uses ZFS as default, whereas in
> > Solaris 10 you had the option to use UFS or ZFS (although ZFS in some
> > versions
> > of Solaris 10 was only available as an installation option, when you did a
> > text-only install)...
> >
> > So, yes, that's right. You would then need to add a new virtual disk to the
> > VBox config, and OpenSolaris then will find that disk, and then you could
> > use
> > it as a new pool.
> >
> Ok. I would have to format that hard disk using fdisk I think ?

No! Only, if you would want to create "fdisk partitions" on that disk, but I
think, if you create something like a 10G disk, you could easily use it as a
whole disk. Then ZFS don't need that disk to be formatted in any way. Just
create the zpool...

       Matthias
--
    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Man macht immer Fehler im