In order to do some pam-krb5 testing I'd like to have a gdm login run in
a Xvnc session in a non-global zone however I'm running into issues.  It
appears that gdm is dependent on svc:/system/dbus however when I try to
enable svc:/system/dbus in my non-global zone I'm seeing:
# svcs -x svc:/system/dbus
svc:/system/dbus:default (D-BUS message bus)
 State: disabled since Sat Jul 24 11:06:28 2010
Reason: Temporarily disabled by an administrator.
   See: dbus-daemon(1)
   See: /var/svc/log/system-dbus:default.log
Impact: 2 dependent services are not running.  (Use -v for list.)

# cat /var/svc/log/system-dbus:default.log
[ Jul 24 11:01:27 Enabled. ]
[ Jul 24 11:01:27 Rereading configuration. ]
[ Jul 24 11:01:29 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/svc-dbus start"). ]
dbus-daemon cannot be run in non-global zones

Has anyone been able to get gdm running in a Xvnc session in a
non-global zone?  I'd appreciate any advice on how to do this (I'm
running opensolaris snv_137).

Will Fiveash
Note my new work e-mail address:
Sent using mutt, a sweet text based e-mail app: