On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:32:48AM -0700, Mike DeMarco wrote:
> Is it possible to add a new zfs filesystem to a zone without rebooting the
> zone?
>
> I have a need to add a filesystem to a zone for a couple of weeks but can not
> take an outage of the zone.

you can add zfs filesystem by temporarily mounting them in a running
zone either directly or by using lofs.

using lofs:
        mount -F lofs /export/foo /zonepath/root/foo

using zfs:
        zfs set mountpoint=/zonepath/root/foo rpool/export/foo

you can't add them via the zonecfg(1m) "dataset" or "fs" resources
without a reboot.

note that if you want the zone to be able to manage the zfs filesystem
(ie, create new filesystems, set properties, etc) then you have to add
it via the "dataset" resourse, which will require a reboot.

ed