I wonder if it is possible to create a really thin zone? I mean, a zone where
all software is used directly from the global zone, where only /var is
duplicated in the local zone?

As of now, lots of files are copied from the global zone. For instance,
/usr/bin/ls is copied from the global zone. Why can not the local zone use a
link to the global zone's /usr directory instead?

And, in my global zone /usr directory I have several other programs that did
not got copied to the local zone. Why is that?