On Sat 16 Jul 2011 at 08:33PM, "Hung-Sheng Tsao (Lao Tsao ??) Ph.D." wrote:
> hi
>  recent osc3.3u1 announce the support of acfs in zone cluster, but
> acfs cannot be zone rootpath
> questions
> 1)does zone support acfs outside of the solaris cluster

I'm not yet familiar enough with ACFS to answer that question.  (It is
on my reading list.)

You may want to ask this through support channels and if the answer is
no, please explain why it is important to you and/or your customers and
ask that an RFE be filed.  If an RFE is filed, please let me know what
the CR number is (change request - a 7 digit number).  Feel free to
share those reasons here too.

> 2)why the acfs cannot be zone's rootpath?

As you can see with Solaris Express 2010.11, packaging and boot
environment management is dependent on ZFS.  Even if another file system
such as ADFS supported the snapshot and clone operations similar to how
ZFS works, there is no abstraction in the relevant code to be able to
take advantage of another file system in place of ZFS.

Even with Solaris 10, tools such as live upgrade would need significant
work to work with and/or take advantage of any benefits of ACFS.

Mike Gerdts
Solaris Core OS / Zones