On Thu 10 Nov 2011 at 08:32PM, Ian Collins wrote:
> On 10/10/11 07:20 PM, Edward Pilatowicz wrote:
> >On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 12:23:30PM -0700, Michael Speer wrote:
> >>All,
> >>
> >>I have two questions based on what I have been seeing where I don't see
> >>packages of interest being
> >>installed into a zone I create when the package exists in the global zone.
> >>
> >>1) Where is the list of packages kept that will be installed into new zone?
> >> How does this list get modified?
> >>
> >by default packages that get installed into a zone are specified in the
> >default AI manifest used to install zones.  you can find that manifest
> >here:
> >
> >     /usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
> I can't see that file (or the auto_instal directory) on any of my
> systems.  Has it moved?

That file exists in Solaris 11 as part of the auto-install-common
package:

$ pkg search /usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
INDEX      ACTION VALUE                                            PACKAGE
path       file   usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
pkg:/system/install/auto-install/auto-install-common@0.5.11-0.175.0.0.0.2.1482

With Solaris 11 Express, the list of packages was hard coded into
scripts under /usr/lib/brand/ipkg.  What are you running?

--
Mike Gerdts
Solaris Core OS / Zones