On 11/10/11 13:42, Frank Batschulat wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:39:41 +0100, Mike Gerdts <mike.ger...@oracle.com>
wrote:

On Thu 10 Nov 2011 at 08:32PM, Ian Collins wrote:
On 10/10/11 07:20 PM, Edward Pilatowicz wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 12:23:30PM -0700, Michael Speer wrote:
>>All,
>>
>>I have two questions based on what I have been seeing where I don't
see packages of interest being
>>installed into a zone I create when the package exists in the
global zone.

>>1) Where is the list of packages kept that will be installed into
new zone? How does this list get modified?

>by default packages that get installed into a zone are specified in the
>default AI manifest used to install zones. you can find that manifest
>here:
>
> /usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
I can't see that file (or the auto_instal directory) on any of my
systems. Has it moved?

That file exists in Solaris 11 as part of the auto-install-common
package:

$ pkg search /usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
INDEX ACTION VALUE PACKAGE
path file usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
pkg:/system/install/auto-install/auto-install-common@0.5.11-0.175.0.0.0.2.1482

With Solaris 11 Express, the list of packages was hard coded into
scripts under /usr/lib/brand/ipkg. What are you running?

fwiw, on 175b I do have the file but not the package installed which
claims to deliver it ;-)

osoldev.batschul./.=> ls -la
/usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
-r--r--r-- 1 root sys 2367 Sep 23 11:54
/usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
osoldev.batschul./.=> pkg search
/usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
INDEX ACTION VALUE PACKAGE
path file usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml
pkg:/system/install/auto-install/auto-install-common@0.5.11-0.175.0.0.0.2.1482

hmm, search says it is there locally,

what does pkg info say ( drop the -r )

Enda
osoldev.batschul./.=> pkg info -r auto-install
Name: system/install/auto-install
Category: System/Administration and Configuration
State: Not installed
Publisher: solaris
Version: 0.5.11
Build Release: 5.11
Branch: 0.175.0.0.0.2.1482
Packaging Date: Wed Oct 19 12:26:41 2011
Size: 42.20 kB
FMRI:
pkg://solaris/system/install/auto-install@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.0.0.0.2.1482:20111019T122641Z