On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:53:06 +0100, Mike Gerdts <mike.ger...@oracle.com> wrote:

On Thu 10 Nov 2011 at 02:42PM, Frank Batschulat wrote:
fwiw, on 175b I do have the file but not the package installed which
claims to deliver it ;-)

That statement is worrisome.  I think, however, it is not correct. :)

osoldev.batschul./.=> ls -la
-r--r--r--   1 root     sys         2367 Sep 23 11:54
osoldev.batschul./.=> pkg search
INDEX ACTION VALUE PACKAGE path file usr/share/auto_install/manifest/zone_default.xml pkg:/system/install/auto-install/auto-install-common@0.5.11-
osoldev.batschul./.=> pkg info -r auto-install

Here you asked the one from the repo (-r == remote).  I get the same
results if I use the command you used.  Without -r things look right.

dont think that looks right:

osoldev.batschul./.=> pkg info auto-install
pkg: info: no packages matching the following patterns you specified are
installed on the system.  Try specifying -r to query remotely: