On Sun 05 Feb 2012 at 12:05AM, Matt Harrison wrote:
> I have very cleverly managed to fudge the permissions on the entire
> zones dataset, hosing the 3 zones I had. I don't know what the
> permissions were or should be and I really don't want to have to
> reinstall them.
> If anyone can point me to some documents, googling only finds me info on
> resource permissions etc rather than the filesystem itself.
> Very grateful someone can advise.
> Many thanks

There's no such thing as permissions on zone datasets.  Perhaps you mean
property values?  Or perhaps you mean file system permissions.

To give an accurate answer, it is important to know if you are using
Solaris 10, Solaris 11 Express, or Solaris 11.  Specific error messages
that you are seeing would probably be helpful too.

Mike Gerdts
Solaris Core OS / Zones