On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:13:10PM -0600, Will Fiveash wrote:
> I used to be able to configure zones a while back but now I'm stumped
> (using released S11).  What I want is a set of zones, each with a unique
> IP address such that they can ping each other and the global zone.  I used to
> use a zonecfg
> of:
>
> create
> set zonepath=/zone/newzone
> set limitpriv="default,dtrace_proc,dtrace_user"
> add net
> set physical=nge0
> set address=10.0.0.2/8
> end
> commit
> exit
>
> and that did want I want.  Now I see:

BTW, when I look at the man page I see this similar example:

Example 3 Creating a Shared-IP Zone

The following example creates a zone that shares an IP stack with the global
zone, and is assigned a single IP address and default router.

example# zonecfg -b -z shared
zonecfg:shared> create
zonecfg:shared> set zonepath=/export/zones/shared
zonecfg:shared> set ip-type=shared
zonecfg:shared> add net
zonecfg:shared:net> set physical=nge0
zonecfg:shared:net> set address=192.168.0.3/24
zonecfg:shared:net> set defrouter=192.168.0.1
zonecfg:shared:net> end
zonecfg:shared> exit

That fails because -b isn't supported and if I remove that then I see:

On line 20 of /tmp/createzone.3LaG5F:
anet resources can only be specified if ip-type = exclusive
Zone master failed to verify
master: Incompatible settings

?
--