On 02/ 9/12 02:13 PM, Will Fiveash wrote:
I used to be able to configure zones a while back but now I'm stumped
(using released S11).  What I want is a set of zones, each with a unique
IP address such that they can ping each other and the global zone.  I used to
use a zonecfg
of:

create
set zonepath=/zone/newzone
set limitpriv="default,dtrace_proc,dtrace_user"
add net
set physical=nge0
set address=10.0.0.2/8
end
commit
exit

and that did want I want.  Now I see:

n line 19 of /tmp/createzone.qEaOyF:
net: address cannot be specified if ip-type = exclusive
ip-type is set to 'exclusive' by default.
Zone master failed to verify
master: Invalid argument

You either need to set ip-type=shared in the config, or remove the address setting and give the zone a dedicated (v)nic. I don't use shared ip zones on 11, its easy to create a vnic and give it to the zone.

--
Ian.