On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:43:41PM -0500, "Hung-Sheng Tsao (Lao Tsao ??) Ph.D."
wrote:
> I ASS U ME that you have see this
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html

That is good info, thanks.  Of course now I see another problem.  In
that guide above there is an example of having zoneadm clone use the
sysconfig created profile like so:

Step 3: Create webzone-2 by Cloning webzone-1

Next create webzone-2 using the modified configuration (by using zonecfg), and
then perform the clone of webzone-1 (by using zoneadm). Remember to add the
full path to the system config template. Note how quickly the clone is
completed. (We can see this by prepending the time command to our zonecfg clone
command.)

root@global:~# zonecfg -z webzone-2 -f /zones/webzone-2-profile
root@global:/zones# time zoneadm -z webzone-2 clone -c
/zones/webzone-2-template.xml webzone-1

However, the only description of -c I find in the S11 zoneadm man page
is for list.  Can someone confirm that -c <sysconfig profile file> works
for clone?  Also how do I use -c when creating a new zone that is not a
clone?

--
Will Fiveash
Oracle Solaris Software Engineer