That's fine....we'll sort it out.
Thanks again for filing it.

ginnie

On 02/10/12 12:29 PM, Will Fiveash wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:21:09AM -0700, Virginia Wray wrote:
On 02/10/12 11:23 AM, Will Fiveash wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 09:02:57AM -0700, Virginia Wray wrote:
On 02/ 9/12 05:27 PM, Will Fiveash wrote:
On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 04:27:49PM -0700, Susan Kamm-Worrell wrote:
SMF will not recognize a file that doesn't end in .xml even if the file
data is correct.

zoneadm now enforces that the profile must end in .xml so that if a profile
is given it won't be silently ignored by SMF.
And yet I can do:

sysconfig create-profile -o /tmp/myprofile -g identity

(create-profile does not enforce the .xml suffix).

Hi Will --

Could you file a bug on that, and someone on sysconfig
can follow up on it.
Please tell me the product/cat/subcat I should use in bugster.

It is:
solaris/install/configuration

Thank you very much for doing this.
I created
7144647 sysconfig insisting on input files having .xml suffix is unnecessary

The reason I phrased it this way is this (from another e-mail thread on
a different list):

sysconfig also requires the .xml extension for files input to it but doesn't
require it when it creates an XML profile.  I guess I don't care that
SMF requires the .xml extension but it does bug me that I can't do:

sysconfig create-profile -o /tmp/myprofile
sysconfig configure -c /tmp/myprofile

because sysconfig configure will error out telling me I need to add the
.xml to myprofile.  Maybe the better answer is for zoneadm and sysconfig
to just add .xml to whatever it feeds to SMF.
I think the simpler way of putting is: requiring an .xml extension when
scanning a directory is logical, requiring an .xml extension when I explicitly
provide the name of a file to be parsed seems unnecessary.