may be attach -U

On 2/11/2012 9:06 AM, gerard henry wrote:
i exactly have the same problem, but "detach; attach -u" didn't solve it

But it seems that the attach -u doesn't upgrade, according to the messages:
# zoneadm -z www attach -u
Log File: /var/tmp/www.attach_log.LGaqKg
               Attach Path: /zones/www/root
        Attach ZFS Dataset: rpool/zones/www/ROOT/zbe-4

                Installing: Using pre-existing data in zonepath
       Global zone version: entire@0.5.11,5.11-
   Non-Global zone version: entire@0.5.11,5.11-
                     Cache: Using /var/pkg/publisher.
  Updating non-global zone: Output follows
No updates necessary for this image.

  Updating non-global zone: Zone updated.
                    Result: Attach Succeeded.

after the system has booted with:
SunOS Release 5.11 Version 64-bit

I don't understand what you said with "pkg -R ... image-update" ?

thanks in advance for help,