I'm looking for suggestions on capturing backups.  Web searches have not been
overly fruitful.  Most discussion expects to shut down the zone and clone it.
I will not be able to shut down the zones.

The backups don't need to be 100% perfect.  I can fix issues from open files /
work in progress.  This is not a production database scenario.  The biggest
concern is full loss of the LUN.  Secondary concern is stray users deleting or
corrupting their folders.

There are separate zpools for GZ and NGZ.  All zones share a single ZFS file
system but I intend on reconfiguring to have one file system per zone.  Zones
are full root.

We tried capturing from the GZ with a somewhat outdated Symantec server but it
hangs up on the zone folder.  We also tried just the "root" folder of a zone,
same results.

I can provide enough disk space to hold backups temporarily.  I was considering
using snapshot/flar/?? to save the data to another zpool on the GZ and allowing
Symantec to move those files to archival storage.

Thanks for your time and input.