2008/7/22 Flavio Junqueira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> James, I'd like to clarify what exactly is the issue you're looking at. If
> you provide a list of ZooKeeper servers, then a client will try to reconnect
> to another ZooKeeper server upon a disconnection. Reconnecting to another
> server does not guarantee maintaining the same session, though. So, are you
> trying to guarantee that the session is still the same upon a reconnection?
> If so, I don't think you can do it by just changing the client, since the
> servers might have expired the old session.

I'm trying to test the WriteLock implementation in the case where the
server dies and the client reconnects to another server.
In the test case I'm just running one server, killing it, restarting
it and trying to get the client to reconnect.

The test case is WriteLockTest in this patch...

(unfortunately its not been committed yet so I can't easily point you
at the code). Its very easy to run the test with different numbers of
clients and see lockups at various places.

The bizarre thing I've seen is that things do reconnect mostly fine
(apart from the SessionExpiredException issue in one of the clients)

but a lockup often happens when trying to close down the ZooKeeper instance.

When running the test case with 3 independent clients and one server;
I tend to see the last client having a session expired and its often
the one that locks up; but when running the test with more clients I
see more lockups elsewhere.

I just wondered if folks had seen similar lockups when you try
restarting ZK servers?

(I'm testing on OS X; this lockup could be timing related maybe).

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration