Robbie Scott updated ZOOKEEPER-93:
This is a first, rough draft of Zookeeper documentation, concentrating mostly
on moving information from the SourceForge set over to Apache/Forrest. Any and
all comments are welcome.
1) I'm writing in DocBook 4.2. (forrest.properties modified to load the correct
2) links site.xml and index.xml may not be in the right format. For example, I
just point to an html right off the root. It looks like you are doing
3) I've worked mostly on the overview. It's clear where I've stopped, as
suddenly the file just becomes an outline. There are all manner of inaccuracies
that need to be worked out -- I've marked these with [tbd].
4) The other documents -- the admin guide, getting started, etc -- exist only
as outlines right now. I'm flush out all the skeletons with the text straight
from the existing (sourceforge generation) of the docs.
5) I changed index.xml to have some welcome verbage -- just to have something
there. (Everything should be considered in-flux obviously.)
6) I will continue flushing out the overview, then move onto the other docs
until all the source forge info is moved over. After that, I'll start working
on a few new documents -- like a real programmer's guide, etc.
> Create Documentation for Zookeeper
> Key: ZOOKEEPER-93
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-93
> Project: Zookeeper
> Issue Type: Task
> Components: c client
> Affects Versions: 3.0.0
> Environment: N/A
> Reporter: Robbie Scott
> Fix For: 3.0.0
> Attachments: ZOOKEEPER-93.patch
> Original Estimate: 0.02h
> Remaining Estimate: 0.02h
> Initial version of the documentation, migrated from source forge.
> Reorganizing, expanding. Initial goal is to port Source Forge documentation
> into Forrest.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.