I use git and 241 fixes the issue for me as well.

Mahadev Konar wrote:
Hi Nitay,
 We already have an open jira for this.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-241
This should be fixed in the next release.

thanks
Mahadev

On 12/8/08 12:08 AM, "Nitay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey folks,

I'm working on integrating ZooKeeper into HBase.

I've become a fan of git so I've started using the unofficial Apache git
repo at http://jukka.zitting.name/git/?p=zookeeper.git;a=summary instead of
the raw svn. Everything works great except the lastRevision.sh script fails
to write the lastRevision property because it is not an SVN repository. When
I run ant I get:

version-info:
     [java] All version-related parameters must be valid integers!
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For
input string: ""
     [java]     at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
     [java]     at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:468)
     [java]     at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:497)
     [java]     at
org.apache.zookeeper.version.util.VerGen.main(VerGen.java:111)
     [java] Java Result: 1

I fixed this by hardcoding lastRevision to some value in build.xml.

Why do necessarily require SVN in order for ant to run? Can we have some
sensible default if the svn info doesn't work? Should I write something for
git repos that produces the current HEAD sha if there is a '.git' dir
instead of a '.svn' one?

Thanks,
-n