Sounds like a plan. I've updated the JIRA (also created a 3.1.1 version in JIRA slated for 4 weeks out -- we can always pull it in if needed)

Mahadev Konar wrote:
+1 to ben's suggestion. We can go ahead with 3.1.0 and make a 3.1.1 (given
that it wasn't working in the prev releases as well)...

On 2/10/09 6:31 PM, "Benjamin Reed" <> wrote:

Chris's patch is very simple and it won't be hard to put some tests in. can we
plan a bug release in the next week or two to catch this and any other bugs
that might emerge?

From: Patrick Hunt []
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:59 PM
Cc: Chris Darroch
Subject: ACL issue in C client (re 3.1 candidate)

This just came in:

The patch seems to fix the issue, however it's missing tests -- actually
the cppunit tests aren't testing any acl functionality, this (missing
tests) is a major oversight we need to address asap (post 3.1)!

There is a workaround for this issue - use the async version of the
method. Seems that no one ever used this function before (or never
reported it at least) because it's an obvious problem and will always fail.

I'd like to hold off on fixing this until post 3.1 (3.1.0 or 3.2
whichever comes first) where we can also address the testing issue for
acls. There is a workaround -- Chris you ok with that? What do the rest
of you think (vote).