Konstantin Boudnik updated ZOOKEEPER-397:
Status: Patch Available (was: In Progress)
The following issues are taken care of by this patch:
- all test cases of mainline suite are converted into native TestNG format
- new target is added into build.xml to execute mainline tests under TestNG
control rather than JUnit (it is now the default behavior for test-core-java)
- a couple new classes are added to serve TestNG reporting purposes
org.apache.zookeeper.MyInvocationReporter and MyOutputInterceptor. The first is
intended to unify the logging of test execution invocation (instead of having a
separate LOG.info for every test case, this class is added once); the second
one prints out the information about executed test cases and the the result of
the execution. It comes in this form:
Passed (in 12ms)
Generally, I'd suggest to move the classes somewhere at the level above
zookeeper for they will be serving more than one project in the future.
- A number of test classes are fixed to work properly in the TestNG paradigm
where test classes aren't inhered from some common TestCase thus their
instances aren't normally getting thrown after each test method execution.
fails with the following diagnostics
Did not connect
when is executed along with all other tests. An attempt to increase some
timeouts was made, but it didn't help a lot.
2) All standard output from the testcases along with the output of
ConsoleAppender is printed to console now. I see two way of fixing it:
- changing log4j configuration for the tests
- creating, if possible, a workaround at the TestNG level to intercept
stdout if needed
The latter solution might be relative difficult to achieve.
I would appreciate to get a review for this patch.
> mainline tests conversion
> Key: ZOOKEEPER-397
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-397
> Project: Zookeeper
> Issue Type: Sub-task
> Components: tests
> Reporter: Konstantin Boudnik
> Assignee: Konstantin Boudnik
> Attachments: ZOOKEEPER-397.patch
> In this stage main set (src/java/test) of ZK tests will be converted to TestNG
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.