At the same event, I gave a presentation on two JIRAs I've been working on -
observers and dynamic ensembles. The slides are up on Slideshare here:, and I will try to get
them uploaded to the wiki page.

I was also able to announce ZooKeeper packages as part of Cloudera's
Distribution for Hadoop - a free, stable, package-based distribution of
Mapred, HDFS, Hive, Pig and now ZooKeeper that we maintain at Cloudera for
users who want the convenience of using their package-management tools and
service frameworks to run Hadoop projects. The latest release of the
ZooKeeper RPMs is here:,
with tarball and Debian packages to follow shortly. We're hoping to add a
lot of improvements over the coming weeks. If you have any questions about
the packages, please shoot me a private e-mail unless you think the whole
list would be interested.