Hari -

It's very difficult to say how long this would take. There are a number of
issues that need to be resolved by design rather than code. For example, the
question of finding the cluster when the membership has changed is
unanswered.

The changes to the core protocol will need substantial peer review and
testing. Judging by my experience with the observers patch, which I think is
comparable in size but probably less complex, I would expect about 3-6
months from the time someone picks up the work.

cheers,
Henry

--
Henry Robinson